host-identifier with IPv6

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 22:26:01 UTC 2009

Ted Lemon wrote:
>On Mar 4, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Eustace, Glen wrote:
>>3. Needs changes to ISC DHCPD, which is sort of where this whole
>>conversation started. ( but my preference ).
>
>Hm, can't you just use substring on the DUID option?

Hmm, lets see :

If the GUID is <one type> then use <some expression>
else if the GUID is <another type> then use <another expressions>
else if the GUID is <yet another type (EE or some new type made up by
a vendor)> then ... oops, we're screwed.

And it still doesn't deal with the issue that the MAC used in the
GUID won't necessarily match anything we know about.
--
Simon Hobson