dhcp log message

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jul 31 15:19:14 UTC 2009

I rebuilt one of my DHCP servers earlier this week. Once completed I
copied the dhcpd.leases file over to it, so that it could carry on. The
new server has a different IP address than the original. I'm using the ISC
DHCP server that comes with RHEL, and it got a slight upgrade to
V3.0.5-RedHat. I believe it was 3.0.1 before. I have noticed several of
these messages in my log file. It doesn't appear to be causing any trouble
- dhcp seems to work, but what does it mean?

dhcpd: data: "leased-address" configuration directive: there is no lease
associated with this client.

-Mike