LDAP Patch

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:25:06 UTC 2009

Are configuration directives stored in LDAP checked only when dhcpd is
started, as is done with the text based configuration, or is host
information checked upon lease requests?

We are looking at a number of ATA adapters that take their configuration via
a convoluted Option 43 string and I am looking for some way to automate
provisioning. Is there a method to make OMAPI changes persistent or would I
have to make the required changes using OMAPI and update some configuration
file and restart the process if I wanted those changes to be persistent? I
know this is being done with static leases and am curious what option is
going to be the most workable/bug-free.

Ben