DHCPD 4.1.0 not writing leases to dhcpd.leases for fixed ip addresses

Jessica Meyer jessmeyer82 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:55:01 UTC 2009

Hi Cambodian

> I think you can try to create an entry in dhcpd.conf file. and the IP
> address should not be in the DHCP range in dhcpd.conf file.
> (i.e:   range    192.168.1.100 192.168.1.119), your fixed IP should be
> outside this range.

Yes, that's what I did, as I wrote in my post. Only dynamic IP
addresses are in ranges. And fixed addresses are in host statements.
DHCPd gives out both addresses (dynamic and fixed), but for fixed
addresses, it does not create an entry in the dhcpd.leases file.

So I think you have not understood me correct, but I appreciate your help

Jess