How to Run DHCP Relay and Server on the same box.

GAURAV HALWASIA gauravh278 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 4 11:05:01 UTC 2009

Thanks Simon. I will try this out.

I have couple of more questions, if you or someone else can help me out.

1.) When ISC Relay agent adds option 82 in upstream DHCP packets, does it adds remote-id sub option to it. I don't think so how ever looking at the code.

2.) Is there any way (tool or some script) which I can run on my linux box to emulate few DHCP clients as I don't have real clients. Actually I want to test out few things.

I want to have few bindings get created on the DHCP server with the requests comming through the Relay. But unfortunately as of now I only have one linux box with me. Can some body put some light on how this can be achieved using minimum possible hardware.

Best Regards,
Gaurav