subnet seems selected on source address not gateway address

Peter Grandi pg_dhcp at dhcp.for.sabi.co.UK
Wed Jan 7 20:29:25 UTC 2009

[ ... ]

> GIADDR is used automatically.  It is a basic function built-in
> to all DHCP servers without requiring any special configuration
> [ ... ]

Ok, I managed to find out that the DHCP server is 3.0.1 on RHEL3
and there I remember seeing online discussion from 2004 of a patch
to fix the something that looks like the problem that I am seeing
in 3.0.1 IIRC. The issue I have disappears if I use 3.0.5 for
example.

And I found out that the config on the server does not have
'share-network' after all, but thanks for the comments on that.