Chroot issue

Chris Vaughan Chris.Vaughan at lands.nsw.gov.au
Wed Jan 14 02:40:42 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I have compiled ISC DHCP 4.1.0 on CentOS 5 with the --enable-paranoia
and -enable-early-chroot options, when I go to start this to run in a
chroot jail, I am confronted with an error, as follows.

dhcpd -chroot /var/dhcp -user dhcp -group dhcp
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.1.0
Copyright 2004-2008 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
Wrote 0 leases to leases file.
Error opening '/proc/net/dev' to list interfaces
Can't get list of interfaces.

Chris Vaughan
Communications Officer
Department of Lands

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.