How do I ignore client's option 51?

David McKen david.mcken at mail.tt
Wed Feb 11 04:03:06 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I have a case where our CPE is choosing smaller lease timeouts with each
renew and eventually hitting the min lease time I have configured on the
server.

This is a problem for me as I set my minimum to 30 minutes (default is a
day), this was to allow me to use the adaptive-lease-time-threshold
option to drop the lease times if the pool nears capacity.

Is there any way to completely ignore the client's requested lease time?
Subnet specific would be preferable but a global option won't bother me
much either.

Signed
David McKen