dhcpd.leases Contains Lots of Very Old Leases

Eric Kenny Eric.Kenny at marist.edu
Fri Feb 6 13:36:25 UTC 2009

Hi Simon,

It seems that they are just the old and expired ones, which appears to be
normal behavior after further reading.  However, I'm wondering if having
to parse all of these entries is what's causing DHCP timeouts on the
client end.

We have about 100 /21 networks served with open ranges.

Eric J. Kenny
Network Analyst
Marist College
3399 North Rd.