dhclient.conf 'send host-name' with args

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Feb 3 16:52:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:18:38AM -0500, VR wrote:
> Glen R. J. Neff wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 09:00 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> Instead of using dhclient.conf, you could use -H like this:
>>>
>>> dhclient -H `cat /etc/hostname`
>>
>> I'm inclined to think that this would be more sane:
>>
>>         dhclient -H `hostname`
>>
>> -G
>>

> Do you mean to call dhclient as part of the startup scripts? When I try
> dhclient from a shell as root I only get the usage options where -H is
> not listed?

You would add the -H part to where ever your system startup scripts
call dhclient.  There might be a Debian-specific way to specify this
option without editing the scripts directly.  I don't know Debian well
enough to know how.