slightly confusing release notes

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Fri Aug 28 12:44:53 UTC 2009

loganathan Govindaraj wrote:

> Changes since 3.1.1
>
> A partner-down failover server no longer emits 'peer holds all free
> leases' if it is able to newly-allocate one of the peer's leases.
>
> Changes since 4.1.0a1
>
> A partner-down failover server no longer emits 'peer holds all free
> leases' if it is able to newly-allocate one of the peer's leases
>
> was there any difference in the bug fixes or are they 2 different bugs

You are comparing two different branches (3.x and 4.x) ... the "changes
since last version" can easily be the same if the same bug in each..

> the release notes are slightly confusing and misleading

Not sure I understand this.  Seems to be quite clear.  Same bug fixed in
both 3.x branch and 4.x branch.

Remember that both branches continue to have revisions made.

AlanC