DHCP Server not able to handle the Traffic

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 12:08:21 UTC 2009

At 11:19 +0100 27/4/09, Agarwal Vivek-RNGB36 wrote:
>Yes we have currently stopped the syslog. Can you please guide that
>can stopping the Syslog lead to any issues.

Well it means that nothing on the system that uses syslog (ie most of
it) will be able to log anything. So no logs of what anything has
been doing, no logs to diagnose future problems, no logs to analyse
security breaches, ... It's also possible that some software might
not run properly if it can't log.

In other words, it's a really bad idea to turn it all off.

>How can we configure asynchronous syslog

You were told several postings ago how to do it.

And please stop asking privately (ie off-list) - keep the discussion
on the list where others can see the question and answer, and may be
able to add something useful. It also means that the question and
answer will go in the archives so others may find it and not have to
ask the same question again. I don't have time to provide personal
one-one assistance.

--
Simon Hobson