DHCP Server not able to handle the Traffic

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sun Apr 26 09:29:10 UTC 2009

> Can you please also help me in how can I monitor these values

vmstat and iostat for general system load and disk I/O, "netstat -s" to
see possible dropped UDP packets. On my systems (FreeBSD 7.x) you get
output like the following:

% netstat -s -p udp
udp:
        301445045 datagrams received
        0 with incomplete header
        0 with bad data length field
        10 with bad checksum
        287910989 with no checksum
        221698 dropped due to no socket
        8509 broadcast/multicast datagrams undelivered
        22803 dropped due to full socket buffers
        0 not for hashed pcb
        301192025 delivered
        174233692 datagrams output
        0 times multicast source filter matched

It is the line with "dropped due to full socket buffers" you should be
concerned about.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no