dhcpd on Solaris 10

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:54:08 UTC 2009

Hi Alan

So why is it that when a client receives an OFFER with a zeroed
siaddr, it never sends out the DHCP REQUEST (as if it was unhappy with
the OFFER). I tested with Windows, linux and solaris clients??????? On
a linux box, the EXACT same code with the EXACT same config (i.e. no
next-server setting) the siaddr is set to the ip address of the DHCP
server????

Cheers
Jason