dhcpd on Solaris 10

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 15:58:04 UTC 2009

Hi Glenn,

Thanks, well the problem has something to do with the siaddr as you
pointed out. However, I had no idea how to set this option. It seems
that dhcpd on solars doesnt serve clients correctly unless this option
is set to the IP address of the DHCP server. I may have done it the
long way around but I added the following lines to the OFFER dhcp
reply in servers/dhcp.c: (everything works perfectly after this
change)

char * hackip = "10.31.3.40";
struct hostent * record = gethostbyname(hackip);
struct in_addr* myip = (struct in_addr *)record->h_addr;
raw.siaddr = *myip;

I'd imagine that on other OS's (linux) the siaddr is set
automatically. Seems that on Solaris 10 update 6, it does not.
Tomorrow when I get time I will see why siaddr is not set by default
on my OS. At least for now it is working for me (albeit a hack :) )

Cheers
Jason