zone files updates

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Wed Sep 24 14:30:58 UTC 2008

1. If I have to make changes to a zone file ($ZONE) dynamically updated by
dhcpd, is there a procedure to insure no corruption?

2. I note that the $ZONE.jnl seems to grow continuously even if I stop bind
and dhcpd. Does that mean that my original zone file is never changed and
dhcpd just inserts the changed records on a temporary copy?  If I look at
the $ZONE it has the $TTL starts and ends in it but the serial number does
not change (the file's modification time stamp does though).

3.  I'm on BIND 9.5.0-P2 chrooted as user named on a Fedora 9 system and
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.0.0.

David Forrest                     e-mail   drf @ maplepark.com
Maple Park Development Corporation  http://www.maplepark.com
St. Louis, Missouri