Lease time precedence

Jason Behrens jason.behrens at htc.hargray.com
Thu Sep 11 18:50:30 UTC 2008

We use DCHP for our IPTV STB's. We have to define a class for each
vendor type so that it will get specific configuration files. We also
have many subnets that we have to define based on where the STB is
booting up. We currently have the default-lease-time setup in the class
definition. What is the order of precedence for where in the conf file
the lease time is set? I bought "The DHCP Handbook" but it does not talk
about where to put the lease option that I have found.

Thanks,

Jason R Behrens