Anycast

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Thu Sep 4 23:40:22 UTC 2008

--On Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:00:49 AM -0600 Jerimiah Cole
<jcole at tbtc.net> wrote:

> Has anybody considered using anycast for moving requests from relay
> agents to servers, or is the behavior of most relay agents such that
> this is unnecessary?

That's an interesting idea, but we've found it unnecessary.  The relay
agents in our cisco gear forward the requests to all configured server at
once, so every server sees every request at the same time, and there's no
delay if one of the servers is down.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>