Can OMAPI be used for monitoring current pool capacity?

Terry Burton tez at terryburton.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 16:13:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a requirement to monitor the current usage of a set of ~100
pools. The existing tools for this that I have investigated, whilst
useful, obtain their statistics by parsing the leases file and run as
daemons, e.g. dhcp-snmp.

If possible, I would like to improve upon this by obtaining similar
statistics about current pool usage using the OMAPI interface.

Does anybody know whether there already exist a way of enumerating all
active leases within a pool via OMAPI, or would I need to extend the
implementation of OMAPI in order to provide this information? Assuming
not, would patches for this be welcomed?

All the best,

Terry