Assigning IP Address Using Option 82 sub options

Jerimiah Cole jcole at tbtc.net
Mon Nov 10 16:03:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 13:32 +0000, M S wrote:
> I'm trying configure the DHCP 3 server to assign a fixed address based
> on the information contained in option 82 sub-options Remote ID &
> Circuit ID. For example if Remote-ID is "switch1", and Circuit-ID =
> "p1"  Is this possible? Anyone willing to share dhcpd conf if they
> have something similar.
> thanks.

You build a class that matches your specs and then assign a single-IP
pool to that class.  It looks something like:

class "switch1-p1" {
  match if ( (option agent.remote-id = "switch1") and (option
agent.circuit-id = "p1") );
}
pool {
  allow members of "switch1-p1";
  range 10.6.100.1;
}

My syntax may be incorrect.  The archives have many other examples.

Jerimiah