expired leases

Greg.Rabil at ins.com Greg.Rabil at ins.com
Thu Nov 6 14:58:27 UTC 2008

Thanks Ted, that's what I figured.  However, setting the state to partner-down doesn't seem to accomplish that.  Here is a snippet of the end of my leases file from yesterday.  I have 30 minute lease times and 5 minute MCLT.

lease 192.168.192.108 {
  starts 3 2008/11/05 22:12:56;
  ends 3 2008/11/05 22:42:56;
  tstp 3 2008/11/05 22:57:56;
  tsfp 3 2008/11/05 22:57:56;
  cltt 3 2008/11/05 22:12:56;
  binding state expired;
  next binding state free;
  hardware ethernet c0:a8:c0:7c:00:08;
  client-hostname "host-c0-a8-c0-7c-00-08";
}

failover peer "primary-dhcpd-failover-dhcpd" state {
  my state partner-down at 3 2008/11/05 22:49:36;
  partner state normal at 3 2008/11/05 22:03:35;
}

So, you can see that I successfully set the "partner-down" state on 11/05 at 22:49.  Yet I still an unable to obtain a new lease from the primary today:

Nov  6 09:49:48 agr-pdhcp dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from de:bb:1e:00:00:00 via 192.168.192.124: peer holds all free leases

I would have expected the lease above to become free on 11/05 at 22:57 since that is the time last acked by the failover as the time the lease expires.  However, I am still unable to get a new lease today, more than eight hours later.

Greg