Muliple servers

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Tue May 6 02:00:05 UTC 2008

We currently have 4 DHCP servers, 1 at each site + a 2nd at the main site.  Each site peers with the second server at the main site.  This provides 2 servers for each network.

In terms of increasing availablilty, is there anyway of having multiple peers ? If not, which I believe is the case, what is considered to be best practice for improving availability ?  Clustering ? sub-dividing sites into more zones each with their own servers ?

Any comments appreciated.

--
Glen Eustace, Infrastructure Development Engineer,
Information Technology Service, Massey University