dhcpd: failover: link startup timeout ... Failover wont' work ...

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun May 4 07:45:29 UTC 2008

Sébastien CRAMATTE wrote:
>I've just installed ntpdate but one server won't
>synchronise properly (20mn less than the other).
>2 servers are Xen DOM U with Lenny.  Dom0
>distribution are different (Debian sarge, Ubuntu
>Gutsy). Each Dom0 are setup to have independent
>clock. Moreover Dom0 time is correct...

IIRC the default for Xen is to slave the DomU's
to Dom0 - I don't know what sort of offset
is/isn't applied. In the docs there is a note
about how to turn this off so that each DomU can
run it's own virtual clock - I suggest you do
this and then run ntp (not ntpdate) to maintain
sync. If you don't know a public server, then
lookup pool.ntp.org which is a global array of
public servers set up to be shared.