What's going on with 3.1.1b1 ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Mar 24 21:48:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 03:58:48PM -0400, Gordon A. Lang wrote:
> Anyone have any comments on 3.1.1.b1 ??

well, i do...there's a change queued as "changes since 3.1.1b1", an
omapi socket memory leak fixed, and we haven't decided internally
whether to call the next release with this change b2 or rc1.  i'm
leaning towards rc1, but mine isn't the only voice.

meanwhile, 3.0.7b1 is just waiting for the chicken bones to be thrown
for its release, and i was hoping to focus next on 4.0.1b1 (which has
some "alpha quality" problem at present we want to fix before b1), and
is likely to take quite some time.

but i know actually a few of you are waiting for 3.1.1 final with some
urgency, so i'll ask if we can at least do 3.1.1-next sooner rather
than later.

we're trying to get these out as fast as we can, but sort of hit
ourselves with a post-holidays logjam with three maint and one feature
release all at the same time (3.0.7*, 3.1.1*, 4.0.1*, 4.1.0*).

one of the challenges is our tradition of running the software here in
our own network before release for at least 24 hours.  the trouble is
our lab isn't very parallel, if we split up the clients we don't
expose the individual releases as much.

there's a link in my sig to a fundraiser t-shirt, it could help us
build a better lab.

also, it looks cool, and has dual functions as both clothing and as a
geek detector/attractant.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/