dhclient issue

Rajesh Prabhu rprabhu2503 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:53:07 UTC 2008

 Hi,

I have configured a bond interface (with 2 nic cards) for DHCP address
resolution. If the DHCP server is running on the network the bond interface
is allocated proper address and dhclient creates the lease file for the bond
interface. Later if the DHCP server is shutdown and I do a network restart
on the client the dhclient rejects the stored lease and assigns
10.10.10.10address to the bond interface. However this scenario works
for a non bonded
interface (eth0). I would highly appreciate if someone can help me
understand why it rejects the stored lease in case of bond interface.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh