DHCP Failover & Stuck Secondary Server

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:51:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Lang, Michael <mike.lang at uconn.edu> wrote:

> My question is, is there a way that I can configure the old DHCP server so
> that it will respond in a manner that will force clients to move to the
> correct DHCP server pair?  Your comments & suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.

Remove all subnet definitions from the old DHCP server and make sure
the old dhcp server is not "authoritative."  It will then ignore all
requests.  Eventually, the clients will broadcast out, and your new
dhcp servers should respond to them.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank. The election baby has peed in