{DANGEROUS?} SV: What Exactly Causes "uid lease" Messages?

Anders Rosendal anders at rosendal.nu
Sun Jun 15 06:35:22 UTC 2008

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (notnamed).
Warning: Please read the "VirusWarning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

The issue with duplicate mac's is quite common.
We have on the ISP I work at seen batches of NIC's reaching the market, all with the same MAC. In some case even with MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00.
This problem seems to be decreasing, it was much more common in 2000-2002.

Regards Anders R