DHCPv6-4.1.mumble

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Jun 12 17:01:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 03:38:38PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	what I want is for the domain nameservrer option to do what
> 	is advertized... to pass a list of IP addresses to the client.
>
> 	it doesn't in the ISC code.  It selectively presumes to know
> 	better than the person writing the config file what valid
> 	IP addresses for domain name servers are.

you say you understand the things we are telling you.  and then you
say things that contradict that you understand what we are telling
you.

i submit that you either don't understand what we're saying, or you
don't know what you're saying.  or both.

again: i think there are at least two advantages to IETF DHCP's
approach of segregating IPv6 and IPv4 configuration state betwixt
the two protocols - DHCPv4 and DHCPv6.  i do not believe that "it
works slightly less badly for code that Ted wrote for DHCPv4" is
sufficient justification to trade them in.