Subnet vs group scope question

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Jul 28 14:20:51 UTC 2008

And the answer is "maybe" :) This section from the dhcpd.conf man page
doesn't mention group in the order, so I would guess someone will need
to look in the source, either examining the code or looking for a
comment, or snooping the network to see what goes out on the wire.

     When a client is to  be  booted,  its  boot  parameters  are
     determined  by consulting that client's host declaration (if
     any), and then consulting any  class  declarations  matching
     the  client, followed by the pool, subnet and shared-network
     declarations for the IP  address  assigned  to  the  client.

BTW 3.0.1 is *really* old - you should definitely upgrade, either to
3.0.7 or 3.1.1.

regards,
-glenn
--