Max number of subnets DHCP can handle

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Jan 29 15:56:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 02:32:47PM -0600, Chris Fabri wrote:
> On 3.1.0, as mentioned it's 45+ minutes into startup, with no log
> messages, so I'm guessing it's just finishing this up, but they look
> like this:
>
> lease 172.31.99.254 {
>   binding state free;
> }
> lease 172.31.99.253 {
>   binding state free;
> }
> lease 172.31.99.252 {
>   binding state free;
> }

ah, i think you'll find any 3.0.x later than 3.0.3 or so may do this
as well.  these are just records of the BNDACKs.

possibly we should set tstp to some nonzero value in this case to
avoid retransmitting these on every restart.

but it's interesting it takes so long; it's supposed to delay
comitting the BNDACK records to disk, so it shouldn't be fsync()
bound.

well, something for me to poke at.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/