no Working leases on persistant database

stephane lepain s.lepain at orange.fr
Wed Jan 16 13:20:11 UTC 2008

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your resonse. From what you wrote, I have changed my
network topology. Before the server had one NICS into my network and the
other for the outside network (wan). Now I have my server with the two
nics inside my network which allowed me to remove the dhcp client that
was actually confusing me and the server :)
I have added a router/gateway to get to the wan. One if the NIC of my
server is directly connected to it and the other NIC of the server is
plugged into a switch. Anyhow, the server is now responding a lot better
than before since the dhcp client is gone and the topology is quite
different.
One last concern is that my ISP is using a dhcp as well. So I have got
my own dhcp server within my network and my ISP using its own. Aren't
they going to clash at some stage? My dhcp server is set to be
authoritative.

     1. Cheers