Free Options

Ruben Rios ruben_roller at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 10 17:28:01 UTC 2008

By the way, does anybody know what do I need to do to add my own option to the DHCP message. I am just trying to figure out how to do it by reading code and every time I think I am done learning I find something new that makes me feel like I know nothing yet.

At first I have added this line in dhcp.h

#define DHO_MY_OPTION 224

How does the server or the client know what to do when finding that option? Does it has something to do with what is defined in tables.c? I mean the static struct option dhcp_options. Is that what makes both parties to know how to process the data? If I want to send an ASCII string, should I just add the line:

{"myoption_name", "X", &dhcp_universe, 224, 1}

I believe until now everyting is correct and necessary, isn't it?  But what else is necessary to do in order to load the data for this option and retrieve it at the other end of the communication?

I hope someone can help me,
Rubén Ríos

Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
 Premio Favorita del Público - ¡Vota tu preferida!