exclude addresses

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Thu Jan 10 01:54:16 UTC 2008

Hi

I have set this up at my house, I use an address range for normal hosts
192.168.x.x, I have set up another range for unknown hosts 10.0.0.x,
gateway, DNS, ... is set differently than the ones for normal access.

This looks to the uninvited like the standard setup you will get from an
unprotected AP in its default setup. The idea is that the "guest" will
believe that I have some AP in its default setup but have so few
abilities that I have not been able to get it connected to the internet.
The hope is that he will go to the next place.

So basically I give these guys an address but a non-functional address.

If people really want access, you have only routers and VLANs to play
with. None of this dhcpd setup will prevent manually set addresses.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: