Brother printer and option "routers"

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Dec 12 21:33:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 02:47:49PM +0000, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Check the packets on the wire with a packet sniffer (eg wireshark) -
> specifically you are looking for the list of options requested, and the
> list of options supplied. IIRC there is a bug in one or more recent
> versions where the client can ask for a list of options, and the server
> sorts them (to put routers, subnet mask, etc) at the beginning. The bug
> manifests itself if the client asks for options in a particular order, and
> the server sends one option twice and omits another.

- Clients that sent a parameter request list containing the
  routers option before the subnet mask option were receiving
  only the latter.  Fixed.

(fixed in 3.1.2, 4.0.1, 4.1.0 I think - don't trust me, check
 RELNOTES))

One of my bugs, actually, trying to conform to a srange hidden MUST
in RFC 2132 for the ordering of options in reply.

More trouble than it was worth.

Doesn't look like the OP is having that problem tho...

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/