Continuous DISCOVER/OFFER

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Tue Dec 23 20:02:59 UTC 2008

Hate to admit being a n00b, but oh well.

Stood up a new DHCP server on RHEL 5  to replace one on W2k3.

All seems well, but I am getting continuous (or every 4, 8, 16 seconds)
DHCPDISCOVER messages from a particular client system.  The server is
sending back DHCPOFFERs, but nothing happens after that.  No lease shows up
and the client keeps asking.

Where should I start looking?  Other systems, "reserved" or otherwise, seem
happy.

Server is Redhat's hacked dhcp-3.0.5-13.el5.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu