Bug with Failover and Reserved Leases (bugid #18226)

Foggi, Nicola NFOGGI at depaul.edu
Mon Aug 25 14:25:34 UTC 2008

Hey Everyone,

So I have sent an email about the messages:

"Lease with binding state free not on its queue"
"Lease with binding state backup not on its queue"

and submitted a bug to try and track down the problem, but didn't hear back.  I'm having someone who knows more 'c' then I do go through, and we think it's in this if statement in mdb.c:

        if (!lp) {
                log_fatal("Lease with binding state %s not on its queue.",
                          (comp->binding_state < 1 ||
                           comp->binding_state > FTS_LAST)
                          ? "unknown"
                          : binding_state_names[comp->binding_state - 1]);
        }

under "int supersede_lease"... the problem occurs when a lease has a state of FREE or BACKUP and also has the RESERVED flag set.  I found mention of a previous possible bug around the same type of problem here:

http://marc.info/?l=dhcp-users&m=118900960511482&w=2

We're trying to track down what's actually going on at that point in the code, so any help would be great!

Nicola Foggi
Networks and Telecom
DePaul University