Default Gateway via DHCP

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Aug 11 07:38:20 UTC 2008

Lamar Milligan wrote:

> [...]

I'm using the DHCP server to provide services to both local LAN clients
and remote VPN clients.  I'm using the classes specifically to prevent
changing default gateways and dns servers.  So global definitions would
not be desirable.

Regarding my "standard addressing", my understanding is given a typical
IP address, the initial address of that subnet is the default gateway.
Tools such as ifconfig perform this way - I don't know at what level
this behavior is defined.
--
Daniel