Watching performance on a DHCP Server

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Apr 26 02:04:53 UTC 2008

It's not clear to me how 100% lease expiration, even on a ten-thousand large
network, could lease to hours or days of downtime, even if it was a MSFT
DHCP server.  Even if the DHCP server could offer just ten leases per
second, in a 50,000 client network they would all be served in less than 90
minutes.  Is it possible that there were other mitigating factors that were
the primary cause for delay?

Frank