Support for DHCPV6 and CCC options for PacketCable 1.x Devices

Marcus Goller mgoller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:17:50 UTC 2008

Hi John,

I quickly had a look at this, based on what I tested some time ago. I was
not immediately able to encapsulate some data within the CCC option in the
vendor encapsulated option. As a workaround, I think something like this
could work:

option space docsis code width 2 length width 2;
option vsio.docsis code 4491 = encapsulate docsis;
option docsis.ccc code 2170 = {integer 16, integer 16, ip-address, integer
16, integer 16, ip-address};
option docsis.ccc 1 4 1.1.1.1 2 4 2.2.2.2;

There are probably better ways, but that might get you started.

Regards,

Marcus