Tool for DHCP pool statistics/monitoring

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Apr 15 09:42:28 UTC 2008

On 15 Apr 2008, at 08:58, Leif Arne Neset wrote:
> but, switched to a system where we generate a table of of all the
> pools with usage (active leases and pool size) and  store it in a
> cache file.

	Here too.  I feel our system is rather site-specific and a little
	rough at the edges, so I'm not inclined to make an "announcement".

	Our system doesn't show occupancy per pool, but aggregates over
	each subnet prefix, as we have a number of discontiguous pools
	in any subnet larger than (prefix shorter than) /24.  So far,
	we haven't needed to block external access, so anyone can take
	a look at http://camarra.ucd.ie/mrtg/ucd/dhcp-subnets/.  If we
	find that access from outside becomes a problem, we'll block it.

	I hope to look at Trond Hasle Amundsen's code and learn something.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9