Not configured to listen on any interfaces! and No subnet declaration for start

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Apr 5 03:02:58 UTC 2008

If you look at the dhcpd man page, dhcpd takes an optional parameter
which is the name of the interface to listen on. I'm going to make a
wild guess here, but I bet you typed

  dhcpd start

when you really meant or needed, was

  service dhcpd start

or

  /etc/init.d/dhcpd start

and the dhcpd you ran was the executable in /usr/sbin rather than the
script in the start up directory. The exe then interprets the word
"start" as the name of an ethernet interface, doesn't find it and
barfs.

Simple solution is to use the explicit startup commands.

regards,
-glenn

____
>You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total
Access, No Cost.