migrate from 3.0 to 4.1

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Apr 3 13:56:41 UTC 2008

Here's what I used, adjust the /usr/local bits to suit:

CFLAGS='-O -DUSE_SOCKETS -D_PATH_DHCPD_CONF=\"/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf\"' \
    ./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local \
    --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc \
    --datarootdir=/usr/local \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --with-srv-lease-file=/var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases

Actually most of what you want is the defaults, I think, except perhaps
--with-srv-lease-file

A few runs of ./configure will show you what settings it is using.
./configure --help shows all the settings you can use.

regards,
-glenn