Vista doesn't ack dhcp offer

David R. Linn drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 18 22:08:32 UTC 2007

In the "more info" vein:

1) I'm running a locally build v3.1.0 on a Sun V100 with Solaris 9.
The only changes to the sources that I made were to adjust some paths
and to change the syslog facility.

2) While I run the DCHP server for the network segments that serve my
school, I do *not* run the routers.  They are run by the network folks
at the University level (I work in one of the schools of a university)
and I have little knowledge of how the routers are configured except
for the addresses of the DHCP servers to which the routers pass DHCP
packets.