OMAPI "key conflict"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Sep 9 18:00:12 UTC 2007

I am trying to create the following two hosts via OMAPI:

host 192.168.0.10 {
  hardware ethernet 00:11:22:33:44:55;
  fixed-address 192.168.0.10;
};
host 192.168.1.10 {
  hardware ethernet 00:11:22:33:44:55;
  fixed-address 192.168.1.10;
};

I am unable to create the 2nd; I get an OMAPI "key conflict". I presume
this is because the MAC address is already in there; am I doing
something wrong, is this a bug or is this intended behaviour and if so
why? How can I add >1 fixed address?

Background: We have a Postgresql database for out host registrations.
I've recently implemented (using triggers) an incremental update system;
there is a daemon that listens constantly for posgres NOTIFY messages
and streams the updates.

Someone might add a new host with 2 ips, and I want to be able to push
them in. How do I go about it?