Unix/linux cli-command to test lease and see what server is answering?

Tina Siegenthaler tina at zool.uzh.ch
Mon Oct 1 14:29:40 UTC 2007

Am 30.09.2007 um 21:57 schrieb Piero Giobbi:

> Hi all.
>
> Tried to find out how i can see who answers and dhcp requiest and
> other usefull command for unix /linux, haven't really find any.
> Would prefer to use the "builtin" software for OS X and debian for
> instance, but all great tools are welcome. All help are apreciated.
>
> thx

I recently installed this:

http://gatorhole.com/index.php?product=dhcp&lang=gb

It's called dhcptool, and should be able to send all kinds of
DISCOVERS and REQUESTS etc, but I haven't had a chance to test it
yet. I got the link from this thread: "Command line tool for
emulating DHCP-client", in August 2007.
It installs fine on Mac OS X, but if I remember correctly, I had to
install libnet first.

Tina

Dr. Tina Siegenthaler

IT support