omshell "starts", "ends"

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri May 25 20:49:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 01:34:37PM -0700, Craig wrote:
> Ok, this may open a "Pandora's box", but couldn't omshell just print out
> real dates instead of hex numbers or strings? (Likewise with some of the
> other values such as ip-address, state, etc.) It's not a big deal. It
> would just make life easier. :)

Not really, omshell really doesn't know anything about the format
of the attributes it twiddles.  There are no 'format strings' like
are used in DHCP options so that the software knows how to present
and digest the name:value pairs.

I'm also hesitant to change anything OMAPI related since we've
scheduled its demolition for the future.

But we do accept patches.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
				 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/