port to aix?

Keith Neufeld keith.neufeld at wichita.edu
Thu May 10 16:09:42 UTC 2007

> I was browsing the readme, but it didn't show a port for aix.  Any
> plans to
> expand the ports list -- the DNS server has it, but I am unsure how
> much sharing
> occurs b/w DNS and DHCP teams.

Works great on AIX!

Last time I used it there (2002), the only drawback was that if your
DHCP server was multihomed and you had clients on multiple of the
directly-attached subnets, the server couldn't tell which one a
request came from so it couldn't serve addresses properly.  But you
can easily change your topology to work around that quirk; and
someone may have completed a port to the DLPI low-layer driver by
now, which should solve that problem.

--
Keith Neufeld
Lead Network Engineer