dhclient bootp-broadcast-always

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Fri Mar 30 19:48:41 UTC 2007

Hello, is there a way to instruct the dhcp client (dhclient) to send out the
bootp broadcast-flag: broadcast and not unitcast?
I see that there used to be an option and a flag that could be specified on
the command line, but by looking at the source 3.0.5 they were removed.  I
need to do some debugging....

"The -B option instructs dhclient to set the bootp broadcast flag in request
packets, so that servers will always broadcast replies . This is equivalent
to specifying the 'bootp-broadcast-always' option in dhclient.conf, ...."

Thanks
Duane Cox