dhcpctl and omapi

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Tue Mar 27 12:12:55 UTC 2007

> it seems that the omshell can update the dhcp.lease interactively.
> but , how can we update the dhcpd.conf  in the same way as omshell ?

    OMAPI does not update the dhcpd.conf file. It adds information (that
is stored in the lease file as you point out) that can supplement the
configuration, or over-ride it in the case of deleting a configured host,
but the underlying configuration file will not be changed from within the
dhcpd program.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
UCIS, Networks and Systems		|