SV: Re: SV: Combining Classes

Lars Jacobsen lars-jacobsen at newmail.dk
Thu Mar 8 01:20:30 UTC 2007

>  "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>

> I would like to know what your overall dhcp scheme looks like so I could
> get
> picture of what kind of dhcp scenes your dealing with on day to day
> bases ( total number of clients ( to see how large it is ) how many dhcp
> servers your
> running for these number of clients and are you using failover? etc etc.
> curios in what kind of scenario you would be defninig so many classess.
>
> Best regards
>                   Jóhann B.

Yes I know my previous explanation was a bit hard to cope.
Therefore I made a drawing and put some description along. You can find it
here:

http://www.strammelse.dk/dhcp/

This also covers some of my previous post to this list, since they have all
more or less been associated with this setup.

Anyway, at the moment we have above 3000 CPE nodes up and running.
How many of those who have Internet service I don’t recall. And since they
are not all online at the same time, a quick pull from the lease file shows
between 1.600 - 2.000 leases is active.
At the moment there is no failover peer, but I am working on it. That’s my
next project ;-)

Regards
Lars